Mentor Breast Implant Volume Sizing System

Conveniently located to serve the areas of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Posted on May 31, 2018 under Breast Implants

Breast augmentation is one of the most sought-after cosmetic surgery procedures among women today in the US. Ever since the FDA approved silicone breast implants, and previously saline implants, the popularity of this procedure has consistently risen year after year. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), 77% of all breast implant procedures today use silicone implants and the remaining 23% saline implants.

However, success in breast implant procedures also depends on choosing the right size of implants. Board-certified plastic surgeons, Dr. Franklin Richards and Dr. Dean Jabs provide state-of-the-art breast augmentation and other procedures through their practice, Cosmetic Surgery Associates.

The practice, having offices in McLean VA, and Bethesda MD, receives patients from Northern Virginia, Fairfax, Alexandria, VA, Chevy Chase, Rockville, MD, and nearby areas. The practice offers Mentor implants, among other options.

Breast Implant Sizing System

Patient satisfaction in an aesthetic procedure such as breast augmentation surgery can be achieved by a skilled surgeon when the right choice of implants and implant size is made. High-precision sizing techniques are necessary to determine the most appropriate breast implant size that matches the unique breast anatomy and personal aesthetic requirements of a patient. Cosmetic Surgery Associates provides the advanced Mentor Volume Sizing System for best results.

Mentor Sizing System includes 18 unique volume sizers (nine for each breast), which are designed to provide a highly accurate preview of the desired breast size. With the help of this sizing system, the breast surgeon can simulate 24 different volumes ranging from 150 ccs to 775 ccs. The process engages the patient and ensures her involvement in the final size choice.

Patient satisfaction rates will be typically higher when such an advanced sizing system is used. Over 80% of surgeons report successful results after using this system. Higher precision through this system also helps bring down the chances of revision surgery related to size issues.

Types of Sizers

MemoryGel Implant Sizer

This sizer can be used during the surgical procedure to determine the appropriate shape and size of the breast implants. The sizes available in this range are compatible with all MemoryGel Implant products. The following Mentor gel-based implant shapes can be sized with the MemoryGel Implant sizer:

  • Round Moderate Classic

  • Round Moderate Plus Profile

  • Round High Profile

  • Ultra High Profile

Saline Implant Sterile Sizers

Saline Volume Sizers can be used intra-operatively, and are available in various dimensions to be compatible with the entire range of saline implant products from Mentor. The high elasticity and integrity of the device allow for superior accuracy in results. Sizes for the following saline implant types can be determined with these sizes:

  • Saline Round Moderate

  • Saline Round Moderate Plus Profile

  • Saline Round High Profile

  • Ultra High Profile

  • Saline Contour Profile Implants High

Cosmetic Surgery Associates provides advanced and innovative surgical technologies to achieve the safest and most desirable outcomes in breast surgery for its patients in Northern Virginia, Fairfax, Alexandria, VA, Chevy Chase, Rockville, MD, and surrounding locations.

If you would like to learn more about plastic surgery procedures performed by Plastic Surgeons Franklin D. Richards, M.D. and A. Dean Jabs, M.D.  please visit  or

+ posts

Our Plastic Surgery Associates team includes Dr. Franklin Richards, Dr. A. Dean Jabs, and Dr. Keshav Magge. Each of our plastic surgeons is board-certified, and together they have over 60 years of combined experience. Drs. Richards, Jabs, and Magge are all highly qualified in procedures for the face, breast, and body, and pride themselves in providing excellent results through our state-of-the-art, Quad A certified operating centers