Traditional Facelift vs Noninvasive Facelift
Conveniently located to serve the areas of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Posted on January 6, 2022 under Facelift
Facelifts have been a popular procedure for decades. This surgery can significantly improve your appearance and self-confidence by removing wrinkles, tightening skin, and giving you a youthful glow that makes you look years younger. Traditional facelifts effectively reduce the signs of aging in most people, but there are some downsides to this type of surgery as well. Noninvasive facelift techniques offer many benefits over traditional facelift procedures because they don’t require incisions or recovery time. Here are the differences between a traditional and noninvasive facelift and their pros and cons.
A traditional facelift is a surgical procedure that involves making an incision in the hairline and then pulling the skin back to tighten it. The surgeon will then remove any excess fat or tissue and reposition the muscles. You can use this type of facelift to address wrinkles, sagging skin, and deep lines. Recovery time is typically 2-3 weeks.
Pros of Traditional Facelift
• The surgeon will be able to see the final result before closing the incision, allowing them to perfect it.
• It is a direct approach that will provide more predictable results.
Cons of Traditional Facelift
• Recovery time for this procedure can take up to two months.
• There is a risk of scarring and numbness in facial areas where liposuction was performed compared with traditional facelifts without liposuction.
A noninvasive facelift is an option if you’re looking for only skin tightening effects and don’t want to go through surgery. This type of facelift uses radiofrequency or ultrasound energy to heat the skin, which causes it to tighten. Recovery time is typically just a few days.
Pros of Noninvasive Facelift
• There is no downtime after the procedure.
• You will see results immediately, and they will continue to improve over the next few months.
• It is a less invasive option with fewer risks.
Cons of Noninvasive Facelift
• The results are not as long-lasting as those from a traditional facelift.
• It may not be appropriate for everyone, depending on their skin type.
• There is a risk of burns unless the correct equipment is used.
Which Facelift Is Right for Me?
Choosing whether to have a traditional facelift or noninvasive facelift in Bethesda, MD will depend on what you are looking to achieve. If you want more long-lasting results, then a traditional facelift may be the best option for you. However, if you’re not interested in surgery and want smoother skin temporarily, then the noninvasive procedure may be ideal for your needs. You can find out which type of treatment is right for you by scheduling a consultation with our professional plastic surgeons specializing in facelift procedures.
Contact the Expert Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Jabs, Dr. Richards, and Dr. Magge are board-certified plastic surgeons specializing in facelift, body lift, and blepharoplasty at Cosmetic Surgery Associates in Bethesda, MD. To learn more about facelift surgery or schedule your consultation, contact our office today.
Our Plastic Surgery Associates team includes Dr. Franklin Richards, Dr. A. Dean Jabs, and Dr. Keshav Magge. Each of our plastic surgeons is board-certified, and together they have over 60 years of combined experience. Drs. Richards, Jabs, and Magge are all highly qualified in procedures for the face, breast, and body, and pride themselves in providing excellent results through our state-of-the-art, Quad A certified operating centers