Does Plastic Surgery Have An Age Limit?
Conveniently located to serve the areas of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
There is no definitive answer to whether plastic surgery has an age limit. Many procedures can help people of all ages look and feel their best. This blog post will explain some of the things to consider with age so that you can explore your options if you are interested in plastic surgery.
There are many reasons that plastic surgery is applicable, exceeding the age limit, namely:
- Most importantly, age should not be an issue if the person is mentally and physically prepared for surgery. Sometimes a medical clearance from your doctor is requested by the plastic surgeon.
- The risks might be higher if you are older, but as long as you are well-informed, you can make your own decision. It’s always best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon first before undergoing any surgery. They will give you recommendations and an honest opinion.
- Age should not be a limit because beauty has no age. If you want to feel confident about yourself, plastic surgery can be one way to fix areas of your body that you have been self-conscious about for a long time. Self-esteem is essential, especially as we age. We shouldn’t let our looks define us, but if undergoing surgery will make you feel better about yourself, then go for it!
- Many non-invasive procedures can be done, such as Botox or fillers. If you’re not ready for more invasive surgery, many options are still available to help you achieve your desired look.
- Technology has advanced, and there are now many options for more minor invasive surgeries with quick recovery times. If you’re worried about the risks or recovery time, talk to your plastic surgeon about the latest technological advancements. They will be able to recommend the best option for you.
- Plastic surgery can be done for medical reasons, not just aesthetic ones. If you have a birthmark or scar that you’re self-conscious about, then plastic surgery can help boost your confidence. It can also correct functional problems, such as a deviated septum or back pain.
- It’s your body, and you can do whatever you want. If you feel plastic surgery is right for you, then it’s your decision. Just make sure to do your research and consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon first.
- The most important thing is that you will be happy with the results. If you’re not, then it’s not worth it. Make sure to consult with a few different surgeons before making your decision. Ask to see before and after photos and read reviews from other patients. It’s also important to have realistic expectations.
Remember that plastic surgery won’t completely change your life and it is important to have realistic expectations. However, if you’re unhappy with a particular aspect of your appearance, it can help boost your confidence and improve your quality of life.
Schedule a Consultation
There are many options available to help people of all ages achieve their desired look. For more information on whether you think plastic surgery is right for you, contact Cosmetic Surgery Associates in Bethesda, Maryland. We offer services from “lunchtime” lasers, hair removal, Botox, Dysport, fillers, and skin care solutions.
Our Plastic Surgery Associates team includes Dr. Franklin Richards, Dr. A. Dean Jabs, and Dr. Keshav Magge. Each of our plastic surgeons is board-certified, and together they have over 60 years of combined experience. Drs. Richards, Jabs, and Magge are all highly qualified in procedures for the face, breast, and body, and pride themselves in providing excellent results through our state-of-the-art, Quad A certified operating centers