TEXTING AVAILABLE! For a text response feel free to text the number provided on your screen after filling out this form.
Conveniently located to serve the areas of Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
If you are looking for an effective fat reduction solution, SmartLipo is the procedure for you. SmartLipo is an advanced version of liposuction, melting the fat before suctioning it out of the body. A quick procedure, minimal to no downtime, and proven results. Our office is Bethesda, MD is only 10.3 miles away from Gaithersburg, MD and 22.5 miles away from Bowie, MD.
Cynosure, the originator of laser liposuction, has taken the next step in developing the perfect machine for laser body sculpting: the SmartLipo Triplex. This revolutionary technology allows Cosmetic Surgery Associates to safely perform liposculpture in the privacy of our office with oral sedative and local anesthesia. This technique is perfect for sculpting diet and exercise-resistant areas of your body such as the neck, upper arms, abdomen, flanks, inner/outer thighs and knees.
After a small area of skin is numbed, the underlying fat is infused with a tumescent solution that allows the laser to function in a painless environment. The laser fiber is then introduced and, using a combination of two laser wavelengths, the fat is destroyed and dislodged from its connective tissue while the surrounding tiny blood vessels are sealed. This leads to little to no bruising and a faster recovery. A very thin metal tube (cannula) with small holes is then inserted to remove the dislodged and liquefied fat.
What makes SmartLipo Triplex so amazing is that it can be done safely in our office with little to no discomfort and you are able to return to work in a day or two feel as if you just had a vigorous workout. It is perfect for areas that may have been treated with traditional liposuction in the past because it actually heats the skin and soft tissue from within resulting in better skin tightening.
SmartLipo can work on most parts of the body where excess fat deposits can occur. Here are some of the most common targeted areas:
- Arms: The upper arm area frequently begins to sag with age. Laser technology can give the appearance of a lift without invasive surgery or scarring.
- Male chest: The chest area can sag with age as well as accumulate fat deposits. The skin tightening benefits of SmartLipo can help tighten the skin around the chest for men and effectively reduce protrusion due to fatty tissue.
- Back: Back rolls, or bra rolls as they are often called, are tough to eliminate with diet and exercise alone. The thick skin associated with the back makes it a good area for SmartLipo.
- Abdomen: SmartLipo is a safe alternative to traditional liposuction for a speedier recovery. The added skin tightening benefit also makes SmartLipo great for those with mild abdominal skin sagging that’s not quite significant enough to need a tummy tuck.
- Waist: Love handles are notoriously difficult to remove by one’s own efforts. The waist area is greatly responsive to SmartLipo.
- Inner thighs: Since the skin on the inner thighs is particularly thin and non-elastic, the tightening effect of SmartLipo can help the skin bounce back for a slim, smooth appearance.
- Outer thighs: Excess weight gain in the outer thighs are particularly common in women, earning it the unflattering name of saddlebags. SmartLipo of the outer thighs can help reduce cellulite and slim the silhouette of the lower body while also improving the appearance of the buttocks.
With SmartLipo, Cosmetic Surgery Associates has also been successful in treating the chin, neck, hips, buttocks, inner knees, calves, and ankles. During your consultation, speak with your surgeon to determine which areas can be treated on your body.
Like traditional liposuction, SmartLipo is typically performed under local anesthesia which reduces recovery time and minimizes potential complications. Both methods use a cannula in order to drain excess fat, however, with SmartLipo, the fat drains easier since it has been melted with the lasers. The laser also causes blood vessels to coagulate on contact. As a result, SmartLipo patients show less bruising, bleeding, and swelling than traditional liposuction patients.
SmartLipo also has less recovery time, with patients feeling back to normal within 1-2 weeks, and less bruising. Additionally, SmartLipo has the extra benefit of tightening the skin as the fat is eliminated.
Nonetheless, traditional liposuction may work better for some patients depending on the targeted areas and amount of fat they wish to remove. In any case, one of our qualified surgeons will consult with you prior to any surgery and help choose the right option for you.
SmartLipo is a minimally invasive laser liposuction procedure that melts fat cells and tightens skin to give you a naturally sculpted and slimmed down shape. Considered an advanced breakthrough in cosmetic enhancement, SmartLipo is an FDA approved alternative to traditional liposuction surgery with fewer side effects and added benefits such as:
- Melting fat: SmartLipo’s laser heats and liquefies the fat so it can be easily removed through a thin cannula with very small insertions.
- Local anesthesia: Patients typically only use local anesthesia, which reduces the risk of complications and speeds up the recovery time.
- Skin tightening: The laser energy makes collagen in skin compress, resulting in tighter skin and added contour. It also aids in reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Reduced recovery: The majority of patients get back to work within just a few days and there is minimal bruising or pain associated with the recovery time.
- Little to no scarring: The insertions are potentially small enough that no stitches or sutures are necessary, allowing a better cosmetic result.
- One treatment: With significant results that are visible almost immediately, most patients only require one treatment per area.
Due to the minimally invasive nature of the procedure and wide range of applications, SmartLipo can be an excellent option for a number of candidates. In particular, SmartLipo is an attractive liposuction alternative for patients already in good health and close to their weight loss goal. It is also a good option for patients struggling with stubborn localized areas of fat that aren’t responding to diet and exercise. Patients who have already undergone traditional liposuction surgery can also be treated with SmartLipo. As with any procedure, a full consultation is necessary before deciding the right method for you.
During your first SmartLipo consultation at Cosmetic Surgery Associates, you and one of our certified plastic surgeons will discuss your concerns and expectations for your body. The surgeon will conduct a physical examination to determine the best procedure for your body and lifestyle. After finalizing a treatment plan, you and your surgeon will discuss preparation and postoperative procedures so you can get the most out of your surgery and reach your optimum goal. During your consultation, your doctor will be more than happy to address any questions or concerns you have. Feel free to ask about other procedures that can be combined with SmartLipo.
Prior to your appointment, be sure that your surgeon knows all of the over-the-counter and prescription medications you are currently taking. You should also stop drinking, smoking, and taking diet pills in the weeks leading up to your procedure. It is recommended that you make arrangements for someone else to drive you home on the day of the surgery. Your surgeon will go over everything necessary to prepare for your treatment during your consultation.
On the day of your treatment, your surgeon will begin by making marks to outline the desired contour of your body and injecting the local anesthetic and tumescent solution. The SmartLipo machine will deliver two different laser wavelengths that dislodge, soften, and liquefy targeted fat in your body. Finally, the fat will be drained from your body using a cannula. The entire procedure only takes 1-2 hours, depending on how many areas you are having treated.
Great experience, excellent results and fast recovery! After doing an extensive research on best plastic surgeons, I chose Dr. Jabs to perform my surgery. Dr. Jabs is very professional and compassionate surgeon with many years of experience. He makes you feel completely comfortable from the moment you meet him to the end of your recovery. He is always available to answer your questions, address any concerns, and make sure you are recovering and healing well. Pain management was not an issue following the surgery. Thank you, Dr. Jabs! The group practice staff are absolutely amazing and they are always smiling, courteous, and make you feel right at home.
Recovery from SmartLipo is minimal and is an outpatient procedure. Pain and swelling subside steadily and can be treated easily with an oral medication. You should wear a compression garment initially to aid in the recovery process.
Patients are usually ready to return to work in just 2-3 days. Your skin will contract and your contours will continue to improve over the next several months.
After treatment, results should be permanent in those areas so long as patients maintain a healthy active lifestyle. This is because fat can still increase in the surrounding areas that were not targeted during treatment, reducing optimal contour visibility.
In order to maintain your post-operative figure, patients should maintain their preoperative weight. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water, which will also help reduce swelling. In some cases, slight weight loss can improve results.
SmartLipo is not an alternative to exercise. For the best results, you should have and maintain a workout regimen before and after treatment.
The cost of SmartLipo in Bethesda depends on the number of areas and extent of your treatment. SmartLipo can also be combined with other treatments. Pricing will be discussed with your surgeon during the consultation.